Come in and speak with one of our student-centered admissions representatives and they will help you get started on your path to a new healthcare career.
The admissions process at Provo College is designed to show you how you can get the life you desire through career education and take you step-by-step through the enrollment process so that you feel comfortable, confident, and ready to start your first day of classes. Here’s how to apply:
- Interview with an Admissions Representative
We conduct a personalized Career Planning Session with you to learn about your interests and goals so we can help you prepare for your career. Call 877-660-4623.
When you complete and submit the Provo College application, it’s received and processed immediately.
Admissions Requirements for Provo College include the following:
- Possess a high school diploma or recognized equivalency certificate (e.g. GED). Proof of graduation must be received within 30 days of attendance.
- Meet the requirements as outlined in the Distance Education section of the catalog.
- Please see the School Catalog for a full list of requirements.
The following programs have additional requirements for consideration for admission:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program Requirements
- Applicants to the BSN program must achieve a total TEAS exam score of 47 percent or higher to be admitted to the BSN program. Applicants who meet this minimum TEAS score and enroll into the program are also required to take an eight-week SmartPrep online course to be taken during the first half of Semester 1. This SmartPrep course is designed to strengthen skills in Reading, Math, Science and English and can better prepare the student for progression into Semester 2 of the program. Please note that for those students scoring 58.7 or above on the TEAS exam, the SmartPrep online course is optional but recommended.
- Students who are required to take the SmartPrep online course must pass the course prior to progressing to Semester 2 of the program. If a student does not pass the SmartPrep course on the first attempt, one (1) retake attempt is allowed during the second eight (8) weeks of Semester 1. If a student does not pass the SmartPrep course on the second attempt, the student cannot progress to Semester 2 and will be dropped from the BSN program.
- Applicants to the BSN program who do not score 47 percent or higher on the TEAS exam must take the SmartPrep course prior to attempting the TEAS exam again. Applicants may attempt the TEAS exam a maximum of three (3) times within a calendar year.
- For specific details on the SmartPrep online course (e.g., course subjects, minimum passing score, etc.), please speak with your Assistant Dean.
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program Requirements
Meet one of the following criteria:
- Submission of TEAS exam scores: students must have a minimum overall TEAS score of 59% and a minimum Reading TEAS score of 69.8% in order to be eligible to apply. The exam may be taken twice per application period.
All must have the following:
- Negative chemical/drug screening.